Saturday, May 2, 2020

Covidpocalypse 2020

We are living history. Literally. This has never happened. Especially not in my lifetime.  The world as we know it will never be the same. At least, for a while. Maybe permanently.
Disney. Is. Closed.
The world followed suit after that happened. It closed March 16, 2020. The resorts were still open for a while, as was Disney Springs, but then they also followed suit.  March 20, Disney closed the Walt Disney World Resort, and then Both, Aulani, the resort in Hawaii, and Hilton Head Island resort  on March 24.  On March 27, Disney announced that the parks would remain closed "indefinitely" and paid Employees through April 18. This has also never been done.  Then they furloughed them. They are still off with no end in sight.
Yesterday, the South Carolina Governor reopened state parks and stores up to the owner's discretion. The mall "opened" but there are only a few stores, LOTS of security, and temperature taking.
The government recommends wearing a mask EVERYWHERE. Martin refuses. Sullivan, I, mom, dad, Joe and Drenda are wearing masks. We have cloth masks with filters, and we have a few surgical masks.  We have basically been home since March.  I worked some, the hours became fewer and fewer, then stopped altogether.  There is a federal stimulus that is helping dramatically with people out of work. There has also been a lump sum sent to everyone.
Groceries delivered, school is online. Sullivan hasn't been to school in a month. E-learning is tough. I am thankful we are just in 1st grade, but its tedious. It is hard to be mom and teacher and friend. He hasn't seen another kid in a month.
We are just basically doing our best to keep grandparents safe, especially Mimi. It has been a rough time.  I am enjoying being home with Sullivan, I have NEVER gotten to do that, but man this is hard some days.
I feel guilty when I don't get things done around the house.
I feel guilty when I am inside and not enjoying the sunshine.
I did paint the shutters.
I did trim the bushes.
I did plant fresh flowers.
I bought the supplies to paint the bathroom and caulk the bathroom ceiling.
I have done dozens of loads of laundry.
I have done dozens of loads of dishes.
We will get through this.
It is going to be ok.

Photo courtesy of The Sun UK.



No comments:

Post a Comment