Friday, August 26, 2011

Do I have a target on my forehead?

I forgot a big part of the story. For those of you who know me well, I have an unlucky streak. Basically, if it can happen it will happen to me...I kept getting locked out of the hotel room, ever since I first came on Monday. They kept giving me new cards until finally, wed night, I came home, and couldn't get in. I got new keys, still wouldn't let me in. Tried a 2nd, then a 3rd. Still nothing. They sent engineering, His universal key wouldn't work. He goes, "I don't know why they keep putting people in this room, this keeps happening." GREAT. If it can happen, it will. To me.
Of course, the hotel staff is unaware there is a problem with this room, convienently. After an hour of sitting in the lobby, and them breaking the lock somehow to get me back in, and after the host saying, "Hmm. All your stuff is in there isn't it?", No, I just brought what I am wearing, this sundress, and my handbag. Idiot. So they fix it, or so they think. Then, the next day, I go to class, I tell the front desk I am leaving as instructed, so they can fix the lock while I am gone. I come back tired, on edge, stressed out with the load of stuff I am facing with school, and ready to just lay down. Plus I walked a mile back from the school to the hotel. Literally. Guess what? Three key trials again. This time, I am in tears. After finally getting a manager, they moved me. When I say they moved me, I mean 5 people came from the woodwork and packed my suitcase, bras, panties, toothbrush, everything, and moved me to the 7th floor. I now have a room with a view on the renovated floor, they comped one night stay, and when asked if they could do anything else, I requested, and they gave me reservations for next block even though it was sold out due to parent's weekend...I am ready to be home!

1 comment: